Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday - Update

Okay here is what I was able to get done:

From the specific list of things I planned to take on today:
Gas range on craigslist
Clean out under stairs
Clean out recipes binder
Clean up and make better use of household binder
Create spot for tax stuff (so when it comes in the mail it just goes right there)
Cook ribs

And my ongoing to do list -- I am excited to cross so much off!
Adams phone - why sych like that?
Add readings to the phone
Add stuff to ipod
Amendment to get signed - appt. made
Azure standard catalog - look through
Bargain briana - print coupons
Blogs to favorites list
Books on CD. Or ipod
Bring in pictures
Build planting boxes
Call Costco - Memory & pdf viewing
Call delta dental
Call hp
Call WalMart.com about paypal
Change American Funds Beneficiary
Change gift box
Clean out safe
Clean up bedroom
Clean up office
Contact tax man about taxes
Cook Steel Cut Oats
covers for chairs
Create binder for important receipts- put in safe
Disney reward card
E-mail Sya
Enter giveaways at Bargain Briana
Figure out where to take car to get fixed
Find hole punch
Get parafin wax
Get together list of things to eat at disney
Go through Rebeccas socks
Hook up cordless mouse
Join Mimi's café e-club
Juice lemons
Lincoln beneficiary
List of items to grab
Look at home storage book of moms
Mail book
Make bean bag
Make burner buddies
Make laundry soap
Make oatmeal breakfast cookies
Margarine to mom
Mark book as mailed
Mark scriptures
Mechanical breakdown coverage
Menu ideas
Navy beans to jar
Order bags or blankets
Order worms
organize bills - computer
Organize coupons
Organize favorites
Organize hair clips
Organize plastics
organize scanned folder  --- worked on it but still not done
Paycheck fixed
Pay mortgage
PCCN education requirements
Photo of the Week Contest - scrapmatters
Pictures in circular frame
Presents to Rebecca to gift box
Print more coloring pages
Put amys info into phone
Put pictures together
put pictures up on walls
Puzzles on freecycle
Read next lesson
Reply to Blog comments
Reply to volunteer person
Research on admissions
Research on CNA resource
Return bungee cords - Costco
Return to sears - boxing gloves
Return to WalMart
Send ltr to Julie and Paul
Send self dis board again
Stuff for aerogarden
Switch clothes
Take measurements
Tape American idol - upstairs
temple trip - plan it
Text law - read about it
Type out goals
Update firmware on camera
Use sya's template
Wash car
Wooden Yard Christmas decorations
Works for me ideas
Write out goals (have them in computer but want to hand write
them also)
Zales - get ring fixed

And finally here are the things on hubby's list (they are in the phone with mine (hence the H in the front of them)
H-Place fraud alert on credit report
H-put up mirror
H-Christmas lights down
H-black clips in crib
H-tape over windows of playhouse
H-clean out playhouse and put a few towels out
H-memo board to laundry room
H-take out rose bush
H-wrap AC with new foam
H-Magazine purge
H-family name sign up

Pictures -- most of these were from earlier this week (but all this week). A couple at the end are from today.

Before:
 IMG01367

After:
IMG_0921

Before:
IMG01326

After:
IMG01361

Before:  (don't ask why there was a shoe or screwdriver on the bathroom counter!)
IMG01369

After:
IMG01370

From here on are pictures from today.

Before:
closet
and another once the stuff out front was out
IMG_0925
and all the stuff in the hallway
IMG_0926 

Right After:
 IMG01379

The top of the closet:
IMG01384

The hallway after:
IMG01382 

I just went down to take a picture of the hall and top of the closet because I forgot and look what the kids have already done! They like to play hide and seek in there ... but to mess it up just barely an hour after it was finished!!!
IMG01383

Before (I couldn't find the recipe I needed and ended up printing another one!)
IMG_0927 

During:
IMG_0930 

After - with the stack of recipes I tossed:IMG_0931

After - opened -- I can see all the sections with a list of the tabs I want to make up
IMG_0932

Not on my to do list for the day but got this done also (I had to find the hole punch to organize the binders).
Last week it looked like this:
IMG01323
This morning (where did my piles go?)
IMG01376
notice the chair is closed - that is so I don't just sit down and get sidetracked (which I do all the time). FlyLady is right -- I am a SHE (Sidetracked Home Executive).
IMG01378 
After - that pile on the floor is magazines to read recycle later and the one on the desk is the pile of recipes that I need to take out of my saved stuff at allrecipes or my recipe folder.

IMG_0934

Here is my household binder (it needs lots of work still -- this was about 10 minutes ago). It won't get done tonight but it will get done tomorrow. I didn't even start -- I spent a good chunk of my day looking for the hole punch (and straightening up as I went).
IMG_0933 

Man ... am I ever tired. This Tackle it Tuesday really works for me, I have been off on Tuesday's since Adam has a meeting and by posting Monday night I am then held accountable to get something done on my day evening off.  I am off again tomorrow (I work Saturday) so hopefully it will be just as productive.

This is what I hope to get done tomorrow (probably no follow up post though):
Clean up and make better use of household binder
Create spot for tax stuff (so when it comes in the mail it just goes right there)
Add stuff to ipod  (if I can figure it out)
Call Costco - Memory & pdf viewing
Hook up cordless mouse
Juice lemons

1 comment:

Lisa Knight said...

Wow, that looks a lot like my lists! Great tackle & thanks for the visit!

The Frugal Momma