I know this is a little late but I didn't have time to write thing up and then when I got it all written up while on vacation things went a little crazy here at home and have not had a chance to post anything. I will be posting a little bit of our trip report each day.
Some of you may already know but we took a trip to NYC (just Adam and I) for our 12th anniversary. To just say we had a good time is an understatement. Before I tell you (and show you) about the trip I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Nana , Papa Tom as well as Grandma (Brent & Dustin). Without you the trip would not have been possible.
We left on a Thursday, dropped the girls off at Nana & Papa Tom’s (I cried as we walked out but made sure the girls did not see). I had butterflies in my stomach and was very nervous for Adam and I to get on a plane together – what if something happened to us? While everything is laid out in our Trust that was still not enough! We had a red eye flight from SFO to JFK, we ended up getting to the airport really early (like 3.5 hours early).
We checked our bags and then Adam realized that he had left the iTouch in the car – since we had time we headed back to the van to get it. While waiting for the parking shuttle we realized we could get a pretty good shot of us and the airport sign!
Once we got to the car Adam discovered he forgot his phone!!!! Adam with no phone for the weekend would have been devastating! Round trip on the parking shuttle bus took about 35 minutes so by this time we were closer to the correct time to arrive at the airport. The security line was not nearly as bad as I expected, but I will say I have a HUGE phobia of my feet touching tile (cold, slimy, wet --- YUCK!) so the sign that said remove shoes made me a little nervous – thankfully I could leave my socks on and there was not much tile.
Since liquids are not permitted through security Adam had a great suggestion to bring our CamelBak drinkers and when it was time for security just dump them out then refill them on the other side. It worked out fabulous and we just filled them back up at a drinking fountain. This also allowed us to save on drink costs in NYC.
Once we were near the gate I needed to take some medication to help my anxiety (it only got worse once we got farther away from the girls), then took another once we were seated on board the plane. We were in Row 9 E & F and left promptly at 11:59p.
Have you ever flown on JetBlue at night? They bring around snooze kits – a eye cover, and ear plugs! Thought that was a nice little touch but I still didn’t sleep well – between Adam and a stranger (who we learned was headed to his best friends wedding). About the middle of the flight we hit a BUNCH of turbulence. I expected a little announcement from the pilot to say that everything was ok and NOTHING – it really made me very nervous – grabbing Adam’s hand and squeezing him for life… I got NOTHING back from him either – he was sound asleep. Even with no sleep and turbulence the flight seemed pretty quick at least for going all the way across the United States.
And ... we made it on the ground!
Stay tuned ... I hope to post again this week with the first day (or part of the first day at least!)
No comments:
Post a Comment