Friday, September 18, 2009

$44.61 for this!!!

I don't usually post my grocery store trips, but this time I had to!  I haven't had a great savings trip like this in a while. I remember the days living in Southern CA with double coupons (all the time) and they would take expired coupons as well... those days are LONG over.

But here is a photo of what I got...

shopping

Basically 12 boxes of cereal, 4 boxes of fruit snacks, 4 boxes of granola bars, 4 packages of nut clusters, 6 cans of chicken noodle soup (for when we are sick), 2 cleaning products, 5 apples, 1.34lbs of grapes, yogurt (4 pack), 2 packages of hot dogs AND a $25 iTunes Card (which gave us a coupon to get Surf's Up the movie for FREE) AND 5 coupons to get a FREE package of Capri Suns.  Then not to mention all the box tops on those for Rebecca's school!!!!!

Speaking of her school if anyone who reads this does not save their box tops, PLEASE do and send them when you mail us something else and just include them in there.

Initial price was 144.35. Had $73.59 in club card savings and $22.55 in coupon savings!!!!

Saving at the grocery store Works for Me!!!  Check out what works for others at We Are That Family.

Others save lots at the grocery store as well so check out this blog for other great grocery store trips at The Grocery Cart Challenge!

(I will post my page over at those places next week.)

I would also like to thank Frugal is Fabulous for this post about Safeway deals

I think it is so funny that this is such a big thing with blogs these days. I have been couponing since I was little, but seriously since I was 18... if only I had started blogging then I would have a great and fabulous site with lots of advertisers!!! This is not what I want now, but I am happy to save as much as I can when I can!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Great savings!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Wow! I am impressed. I wish my grocery store trips were that successful!

jubilee said...

Wow. Very impressive. (Found you through WFMW!)