So the next installment of our freezer cooking a couple weeks ago is Ground Beef. We purchased a case of ground beef at Costco (you can get a lower price for buying a whole case) and then got to work making things with it.
The first thing we always make is Wendy's Copy Cat Chili.
We also made Freezer Stash Meatballs.
As well as meatloaf. The meatloaf we used a recipe from Menus4moms, called Italian Meatloaf (#6). We did not make them in the crockpot. We made 2 (each) full size meatloafs as well as about 50 smaller sized "patties" which are perfect for quick meals. The smaller patties we precooked so they just need to be defrosted. We left the large ones to be cooked on the day we are going to have it.
We also just browned up about 20 pounds (10 pounds each). We put these in 1lb bags to use later. For this we used the Pampered Chef Freezer Ground Beef Recipe. Once you have the meat cooked and ready you can then use that recipe to make other meals out of the cooked ground beef.
For other ideas try looking at Menus4moms beef bulk cooking ideas.
Submitted for:
Tackle it Tuesday
Works for me Wednesday

3 comments:
I always try and have a good supply of cooked ground beef in the freezer. Works great for pulling out to make tacos, beef burgers or spaghetti in a snap.
Yes, I need to start doing this. Think how much time it would save me on work days!
Hi. I was just surfing around some blogs, and I came across yours. It's pretty nifty and I'm really enjoying my stay here. I've bookmarked your site for daily visits, and I hope you'll visit me. I'd love to have you. :) Have a great day and I'll see you around the blogosphere. :)
Post a Comment