I have had this picture for a couple weeks (since before Disneyland) and have been trying to figure out how to post it. Well let me start off by saying Adam is a great BBQ'er - we love to grill when the weather is decent.
In planning my menus I try to have at least one meal that Adam can help with (grilling or breakfast are his areas of expertise), it just works for us. So I wanted a steak for dinner that night and I was going to work so I asked him while we were out and about to grill up the steak and some zucchini that I had bought for that purpose.
When I got home he was already gone but left everything all cooked for me. Here is the plate of "zucchini" that I saw -
- it looked so good I couldn't wait to have some (as you may be able to see) I took a bite and as I was chewing was trying to figure out why the skin was so tough and it had a different taste and texture than usual. Then I realized... my husband can cook but he doesn't know what vegetables are what and he grilled the CUCUMBERS!!!
He tries so hard to help out, this was just to funny I was laughing out loud (to no one). It still works for us to have him help as often as possible ... but I will definitely be more specific when I ask to grill the zucchini - I will get it out of the fridge!
My question to you guys (since this is Backwards edition of WFMW) is what else do you grill (especially vegetable wise) or have for a full breakfast at home?
See what others need to know at We are THAT family.

2 comments:
Haha this is so funny. I like grilling bell pepper slices and onions too! I need to get my grill out this weekend, we're finally going to have warm enough weather to use it!
We do peppers a lot, I put them on (whole) until they're black, then I pop them in a bowl to sit for a few minutes and then rub the black off and take the seeds out.
Corn on the cob can be cooked on the grill, you can soak it (in the husks) in water and the pop it ont he grill and husk it afterwards or husk it first and then wrap it in foil.
Potatoes are good on the grill too.
I've even seen pizza done on the grill.
Pretty much any vegetable can be done on the grill if you skewer it, or make a pouch of foil to put it in (and include some ice cubes or water so it steams).
Fruit can be grilled too, pineapple, peaches, etc.
That story reminds me of the one time my dad made fried chicken. But instead of flour, he used powdered sugar!
Post a Comment