While I know I usually save everything for Mondays I just had to show off these pictures of Rebecca at Sneek a Peek and on her first day of School. We start school early here - on a modified traditional, so we get a two week break in October, December and March and then get out in early June.
And then here is her first day pictures:
and there she goes... we had to stay outside and say goodbye there. No tears from either of us - she was so excited to go, how could I not be excited for her.
Here is a picture at the door from when she went to preschool last year.
Look how much she has grown in the last year! She is taller than the top lock now!
She had a great time and said she learned "everything". Her teacher is great, has been teaching at the school awhile and everyone I talk to says they love her! We are so excited.
When talking with her teacher this morning she said that Rebecca needs to listen better, when asked to do something. We will be working on that more at home. It was good to know though that I am not the only one she does not listen to!
This will be an exciting year - can't wait to see how much Rebecca grows and learns this year.
Lunches: The first day she wanted a lunchable - done (it was in the fridge for emergencies) that was easy! When she came home yesterday she promptly told me, after I asked how lunch was, I want a sandwich, peanut butter - cut in 1/2 in a ziploc bag for lunch tomorrow. Not to hard either I can do that! We do have the menu for school lunches and I will be adding some $ into her account so she can get hot lunch on the "good" days!
Breakfast: She hasn't quite adjusted to eating so early and so soon after waking up yet. We usually didn't have breakfast until 9:30 or 10 so 7:35 is EARLY! She has been having cereal but I got a great recipe from a friend over at ScrapMatters for a homemade Egg McMuffin in about 3 minutes! Simply put an english muffin in the toaster, get out an egg - scramble it up in a round dish (I use a small corning wear - you want the dish about the same size as the muffin) and microwave for 1 minute. While it is cooking get out a piece of cheese. Retoast the muffin (I like it a little crispy) and then get the egg out. I dump my egg onto a cutting board and put the cheese slice on it right then to help it melt. When the english muffin is done simply put the egg and cheese in between. Done! It is so yummy and pretty darn healthy too.
Here is the only picture I have of it (from the phone), it looks good - but looks even better in person!
Quick, easy and healthy breakfast/lunches work for me! I would love to hear some of your quick, easy and healthy breakfasts and lunches.
One last little note... I created this desktop for you guys... it will be available on Friday on Chelle's blog -- come back here Friday for the link to it and all you have to do is put your own pictures behind the holes in your photo editing program! Save and put on your computer desktop.
For my family - if you want one with our girls in it just leave a comment and let me know and I will e-mail it to you.
COMING FRIDAY!!!
COMING FRIDAY!!!!
If you would like to see other things that work for people... check out We are THAT family for Works for Me Wednesday.
2 comments:
That breakfast does look YUMMY!
Precious! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Blessings.
Stop by and play 5 Things Friday at my site on Friday.
Jean
http://jeanstockdale.typepad.com
Post a Comment